Thread: no fuel flow or HP indication

no fuel flow or HP indication

Something I pushed today to silence the fuel alarm (forgot to hit FILL MAINS after I gassed up today so I did it right after the next takeoff) has got me lost in the weeds - the fuel flow is suddenly reading 0.0 and the % HP is --. How do I get these displays back again?

I don't think there is any button push in normal operation that will take away the fuel flow reading. Check the Fuel Flow setting in calibration and check the wiring.
    Rob Hickman
    Advanced Flight Systems Inc.

If I've lost a Red Cube, will that quash the HP% readout, too?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Boyd View Post
    If I've lost a Red Cube, will that quash the HP% readout, too?
    Yes, HP calculation uses: Fuel Flow, RPM, Manifold, Altitude, OAT
    Rob Hickman
    Advanced Flight Systems Inc.

Thanks, Rob. My Red Cube is in the tunnel per plans. I've been wrenching in there replacing fuel lines from each tank to the Andair valve with nicer Holley filters under the seats to replace the little Jegs filters I inherited with the kit. It's possible I bumped a connection on the Cube. Will pull inspection cover and take a look around. If the Cube is T.U. this would be an opportune time to install the next one between the servo and spider. Seems odd for a Cube to quit with so little time on it (<10 hrs) but I know they have a reputation for throwing in the towel at random times. Is there a recommended protocol for troubleshooting an apparently dead flow transducer?