Thread: Altimeter adjustment

Altimeter adjustment

On page 178 of AF 5000 instillation manual v15.1 altimeter check.

How do you get to the EFIS calibration menus #2 for altimeter? Pictures show only airspeed, and on page 174 shows altimeter as #3.
    My issue is my indicated altitude at cruise (8500ft) is reported by ATC to be 200 feet high or 8700 feet by what is being sent to ATC. I have a Garmin 430 W and ADS B in and out. My altitude on the ground is very accurate within 20 feet on local altimeter.
    Once on the EFIS calibration menu can I correct for altitude error at cruise altitude and not effect altitude static on the ground?

Hello Cheeta29,
    The altitude adjust applies a fixed compensation across all barometer settings. If your altitude is accurate on the ground with the correct baro setting, then there is no need to adjust this, and this will not fix your problem with ATC. What transponder do you have? From where is your transponder getting altitude encoding?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathon View Post
    Hello Cheeta29,
    The altitude adjust applies a fixed compensation across all barometer settings. If your altitude is accurate on the ground with the correct baro setting, then there is no need to adjust this, and this will not fix your problem with ATC. What transponder do you have? From where is your transponder getting altitude encoding?
    (
    I figured the adjustment would be like you say. I know I have a Garmin 327 transponder and will check with Jessy Saint, who installed the 5800 about what is providing the altitude info to ATC. I flew yesterday and the Garmin 430 w showed the gps altitude as 5767 ft when my 5800 was reading 5500 ft.

gps attitude is not the same as indicated altitude
    if atc says your altitude is off maybe you have a leak in your pitot static system
    have you had a transponder pitot state check done?