Thread: 4500 won't shut down, keeps restarting

4500 won't shut down, keeps restarting

When I shut down the plane, my EFIS went through the normal shut down procedure, but when it completed and turned off, it starting right back up and again, going through the normal start up procedure. I had to disconnect the backup battery to kill the power and shut it down.

Do you think this is a software/SD card issue or possibly a backup battery that is starting to go bad? I

If there is voltage on the buss it will do this, what does it do if you leave the strobe or nav lights turned on when you shut off the master?
    Rob Hickman
    Advanced Flight Systems Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Hickman View Post
    If there is voltage on the buss it will do this, what does it do if you leave the strobe or nav lights turned on when you shut off the master?
    I haven't tried that yet, but will try. However, the avionics switch and master switch were off while it was restarting. The only power it was getting was from the back up battery. When I disconnected the back up, it shut down. When I replugged it in again, it started up and then tried to shut down, but then just would restart again once the 30 sec timer hit zero.

How does the unit keep time while off? Is it pulling power from the back up battery or getting the time from the GPS on startup? That was the first time the clock wasn't correct and I figure it has to be connected somehow. It was showing 2.5 hours slow.

Thanks
    Vince

Buy new back up battery

Quote Originally Posted by n567vb View Post
    I haven't tried that yet, but will try. However, the avionics switch and master switch were off while it was restarting. The only power it was getting was from the back up battery. When I disconnected the back up, it shut down. When I replugged it in again, it started up and then tried to shut down, but then just would restart again once the 30 sec timer hit zero.

How does the unit keep time while off? Is it pulling power from the back up battery or getting the time from the GPS on startup? That was the first time the clock wasn't correct and I figure it has to be connected somehow. It was showing 2.5 hours slow.

Thanks
    Vince
    It does look like I have a bad back up battery. It's reading under 6 volts and should be 7.2. How would I order a new one? I don't see on your website on how to buy.

Vince
    612-209-5498
    vbastiani@iclould.com

Hello Vince,
    We are out of stock of AF-4500 backup batteries at the moment. If you would like to get on the backorder list for when we make more, call 503-263-0037 and choose sales from the prompt, thanks.