Thread: US Aviation/Obstacles Database

US Aviation/Obstacles Database

I'm using the Seattle Avionics Data Manager to update my USB stick. I've got a handle on that.

However, I see that the Aviation Database expires on October 7. When I copy this new file (AF2MAPUS.AFM?) to the USB stick, do I need to force and update or will I be prompted to say yes?

Also, when the Obstacles Database expires on November 4, do I follow the same procedure and is this an update to the same filename I installed on October 7?
    Sport Pilot
    Tecnam P92 Eaglet N693JP

The map data includes the obstacle data and is available for free from our web site.

https://www.advancedflightsystems.co...6_2010_MAP.zip
    Rob Hickman
    Advanced Flight Systems Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Hickman View Post
    The map data includes the obstacle data and is available for free from our web site.

https://www.advancedflightsystems.co...6_2010_MAP.zip
    Rob,
    The link takes me nowhere. Also, I don't see how it answers my question. It should be clear from the context of my question that I know where the data is. My question concerns installing it on October 4 and November 7.
    jj
    Sport Pilot
    Tecnam P92 Eaglet N693JP

JJ,
    The link Rob posted is a direct download to the current cycle data, so your browser would have downloaded it direct from that link without first opening a new website. As new cycles become available they will in turn be posted on our website. To install the database, you will need to copy the new AF2MAPUS.AFM out of the download zip file and onto the root folder of your USB drive. Plug the drive into the EFIS and go into the SET--> CAL-->Admin Settings--> Transfer Files menu. Choose "Upgrade Maps", select the newest cycle from the list, and press STRT.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathon View Post
    JJ,
    The link Rob posted is a direct download to the current cycle data, so your browser would have downloaded it direct from that link without first opening a new website. As new cycles become available they will in turn be posted on our website. To install the database, you will need to copy the new AF2MAPUS.AFM out of the download zip file and onto the root folder of your USB drive. Plug the drive into the EFIS and go into the SET--> CAL-->Admin Settings--> Transfer Files menu. Choose "Upgrade Maps", select the newest cycle from the list, and press STRT.
    If I understand correctly, I download a new AF2MAPUS.AFM on October 4 and install it. Then on November 7 I download a newer AF2MAPUS.AFM and install it. Yes?
    Sport Pilot
    Tecnam P92 Eaglet N693JP

Essentially correct JJ, except on October 8th and then November 5th, and so on.
    We update the maps every 28 days in accordance with the latest AIRAC cycle

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathon View Post
    Essentially correct JJ, except on October 8th and then November 5th, and so on.
    We update the maps every 28 days in accordance with the latest AIRAC cycle
    Thanks. I got my dates from the AFS Website (see below) Also, if I delay the updates in order to sync up to the Seattle Avionics data manager. What bad things might I be setting myself up for?
    Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 700
Size:  13.5 KB
    Sport Pilot
    Tecnam P92 Eaglet N693JP