Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ADSB Targets on the Avidyne IFD-540

The Dynon ADSB receiver does not filter out your own aircraft, with an AFS or Dynon EFIS the ownship filtering is done by the EFIS. The Avidyne IFD is expecting the ADSB receiver to filter out your ownship. We are working on the software to filter out your ownship and it is complicated. The EFIS is generating the audio traffic warnings so having your own aircraft on the IFD is only a small nuisance.
    Rob Hickman
    Advanced Flight Systems Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by capdave View Post
    Hello all,
    Am I supposed to be getting ADSB targets displaying on the avidyne screen as well? I have configured everything to the latest software and adsb works great on the 5600 screens. I get a "429 data not received" message as well as a datalink error message. all ports are set as described in the install manual.
    The 429 data not received has nothing to do with the RS-232 serial ports. Send me an email with the system logs from both EFIS screens Rob@Advanced-Flight-Systems.com
    Rob Hickman

Hi,
    Ok thanks ...will do. I think that everything is working corrctly now except for a crossed out tis-b message at the top of the ifd display. Is this normal?

Quote Originally Posted by capdave View Post
    Hi,
    Ok thanks ...will do. I think that everything is working corrctly now except for a crossed out tis-b message at the top of the ifd display. Is this normal?
    Yes, we are working on a solution with Avidyne.
    Rob Hickman

V15.2 manual

Is v15.2 of the install manual available? The link on the website delivers the v15.1 version.

We should have an updated manual on the web site next week.
    Rob Hickman