Although I don’t think it’s afs related I’ve been having a block of frequencies cutting out with “tx fail” indicating on ifd550. Contacted Avidyne, through downloading data and sending to their support techs I received this reply:

“We are currently working with Advanced Flight Systems because we have seen a trend in IFD COM Transmission failures associated with RV's and Vertical Power electronic programmable circuit breakers. We understand that there are plenty of RV's flying without this fault, did not developed this fault over time, and are not intermittently failing in specific conditions. We also realize the IFD could be the problem in the RV's with a Vertical Power CB system”.

My question is, has there been communication between afs and Avidyne on this subject of tx fails? They seem to be inferring this may be afs (not sure how that’s possible) or vertical power causing this tx fail? It is repeatable when trying to transmit only on frequencies 132.5 through 135.9. Reception is excellent all frequencies and all others transmit fine. Antennae have been swapped to no avail. As mentioned previously I don’t see how afs could be an issue nor even vertical power since it is only a few frequencies affected.

I know this is not a forum for Avidyne issues but since they mentioned a commonality with afs, vertical power, I’m grasping for answers.

Any info is appreciated.