Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: ADVANCED 5400 EFIS screen goes dark 20 seconds and comes back on

  1. #1

    ADVANCED 5400 EFIS screen goes dark 20 seconds and comes back on

    Up to this point the EFIS 5400 has worked fine. A couple days ago while on a long cross country the screen went dark for 20 seconds and then come back on. The system has an AIRINC to the TRUTRAK autopilot and the autopilot did not trip off so a complete power failure isn't the problem I don't think. Suspect dimmer, maybe. If over heat should get other messages.
    Ideas?

  2. #2
    Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Canby, OR
    Posts
    746
    There are a couple of levels of "reboot" that we see, sometimes there is a data sensitivity in that will cause the application to close and then come right back. You will normally see a small X on the screen when this happens. System logs can show some valuable data in these issues. Use SET -> LOGS -> SYSTEM and we could try and see what it was. Reply and attach the *.ALS file.

    Other times the hardware will hiccup in some way and normally you see the AFS logo screens come up. I don't think you saw this so lets start with the logs.
    Shawn McGinnis

    Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn McGinnis View Post
    There are a couple of levels of "reboot" that we see, sometimes there is a data sensitivity in that will cause the application to close and then come right back. You will normally see a small X on the screen when this happens. System logs can show some valuable data in these issues. Use SET -> LOGS -> SYSTEM and we could try and see what it was. Reply and attach the *.ALS file.

    Other times the hardware will hiccup in some way and normally you see the AFS logo screens come up. I don't think you saw this so lets start with the logs.
    Ok thanks let me get another flight done in our Extra and will go to the hangar to look at logs on RV N29FA.. 12:30 Eastern time. now. By the way it did display a gray X.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Allan View Post
    Ok thanks let me get another flight done in our Extra and will go to the hangar to look at logs on RV N29FA.. 12:30 Eastern time. now. By the way it did display a gray X.
    I also haven't updated USB thumb drive in a few months was going to get that done today before I go on a flight on Friday.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Allan View Post
    I also haven't updated USB thumb drive in a few months was going to get that done today before I go on a flight on Friday.
    Spoke with Rob H and I just downloaded Update 16. Hope it helps.
    Thanks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •