Thread: AHRS goes off-line with semi-aerobatic flying

AHRS goes off-line with semi-aerobatic flying

Hi,

Recently I have been pushing my RV6 a bit more than usual - and now for the second time discovered that both AHRS on my two 5600 (OS:1) screens both goes offline at around 3G load or 70-90 degrees bank or a pitch up of 30-40 degrees or a combination of those.

Is this normal behaviour ?? Can I "cage" the AHRS during aerobatics or is there other things I can do/investigate ?

It's a little concerning as the reset of the ARHS takes some time with straight and level flight.

Can you please advice what to do ?

regards
    Per

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    If you are seeing "AHRS OFFLINE" then you haven't received data from the AHRS in more then 3 seconds. You might try turning off synthetic vision ([SET] -> [EFIS] -> then toggle [SVN]) during these operations to ensure the OS:1 CPU isn't being overloaded and causing the lag. If not then there might be a physical connection issue. Do you have the gold magnetometers or the red AHRS boxes?
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn McGinnis View Post
    If you are seeing "AHRS OFFLINE" then you haven't received data from the AHRS in more then 3 seconds. You might try turning off synthetic vision ([SET] -> [EFIS] -> then toggle [SVN]) during these operations to ensure the OS:1 CPU isn't being overloaded and causing the lag. If not then there might be a physical connection issue. Do you have the gold magnetometers or the red AHRS boxes?
    Hi Sean - thanks for the advice. I will try to switch off Synthetic vision next time. I have the gold Magnetometers - 2 of them - one for each Display unit. I've never had a connection issue before.

sorry for late reply - I thought I would get an email when a reply was entered, but I didn't... Still - Now I see your answer - will definitely try this out.

Will keep you posted.