Thread: Fuel Computer

Fuel Computer

How do I permanently turn off the Fuel Computer on the AFS 5600? I am using version 15.0 of the Pilot's Guide and can not find any information on this in the document.

Also, there seems to be very many undocumented menu options. Is there a fuller listing of menus somewhere?

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    This would be a generic setting for most gauges so AF-5000 Series Install Manual Version 15.1 Page 177. Some gauges have specific sections if configuration is tricky.

SET -> Hold CAL -> Fuel Computer -> Instrument OFF/ON -> OFF

Any specific menu options you need additional help with?
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn McGinnis View Post
    This would be a generic setting for most gauges so AF-5000 Series Install Manual Version 15.1 Page 177. Some gauges have specific sections if configuration is tricky.

SET -> Hold CAL -> Fuel Computer -> Instrument OFF/ON -> OFF

Any specific menu options you need additional help with?
    Thank you. That is the info I was looking for.
    Last edited by Shawn McGinnis; 05-11-2020 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Condensing topic

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    We play the standard alert beep when booting the display to let you know that the audio volume is correct and that your headsets are working. This should be the same alert beep that prefixes any alert. Have you set your EFIS volume levels using SET -> Hold CAL -> Test Audio?

It should be something like "blee doop, blee doop". If it's a HONK it might be a stall horn.
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com