Thread: CHT High reading and Calibration.

CHT High reading and Calibration.

I am having issues with the 2 CHT readings on a Rotax installation giving me high readings. It seems as if the readings fluctuate rapidly up and down. I did put an analog gauge on for testing purposes and the two readings do not agree at all. I never went above 180 degrees on the analog gauge but I fluctuated between 230 and 300 degrees on the 5500 display. I have checked all my grounds and all seems OK. What am I missing? It has also done it with the oil temp a few times but not as much.

I tried to use the shift setting on the calibration page and I can shift the first sensor but it never changes the second sensor. Is there a trick to get the second one to shift?

Well I think I found it. I took the unit out and looked at wiring in the 37 pin D connecter and the only ground that was connected was on pin 17. I connected a ground to pin 37 Sensor ground and it seems to be much better. There were also a few cold solder joints on the back of the engine sensor board on the D 37 connector that I cleaned up. I flew for an hour and had no readings higher than 205.

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    Glad it's working! Blue skies.
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com