Thread: RV-12iS

RV-12iS

Thinking about using the ULPower 350iS engine in the RV-12iS that I am finishing and since I will be EAB anyway, considering a AFS panel. Anyone install a 5600 in an RV-12?

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    The engine is not currently fully supported by the AF-5000 software but support is being actively worked on by the software group.
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com

UL Power

Any idea on timing? I know deadlines are often not set in stone, but sounds like if it is active work, I should be good by the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn McGinnis View Post
    The engine is not currently fully supported by the AF-5000 software but support is being actively worked on by the software group.

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    There is a couple panels schedule with the ULPower engine. Our engineers are working with the ULPower team to understand what needs to happen. I'll update you as that progresses. It might already work.
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com

Thanks!!! sent in a quote for an Advanced Panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn McGinnis View Post
    There is a couple panels schedule with the ULPower engine. Our engineers are working with the ULPower team to understand what needs to happen. I'll update you as that progresses. It might already work.

Wiring the panel with a ULPower 260 and dual screen 5500. Just curious if the CAN Bus from ULPower has been implemented yet. Thanks

Rob

Yes ULPower support is now fully implemented as of the latest 16.09.15 system software.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathon View Post
    Yes ULPower support is now fully implemented as of the latest 16.09.15 system software.
    Does this require the SV-EMS-221 or can I use a serial port on the EFIS? Asking as the only reason I would buy the SV-EMS-221 is for Fuel flow and pressure given I have sensors already installed for other options. Thanks

Rob

You need the EMS-221. The ULPower ECU talks over CAN, not RS-232. The EMS-221 is necessary for the EFIS to read CAN.