Thread: Private Airfield Depiction

Private Airfield Depiction

I have dual AFS 5600s in an RV-6. The red emergency glide ring is something I always have up on one of the screens. Here in the southeast, there are numerous private airstrips which will be in range if a public airport isn't, often two or three, and I like to sort out my options by runway length and surface. Currently, after putting the map into pan mode, I have to select the private strip , expand it, and scroll all the way to the far right tab to get this information. As soon as I select it I get the pattern altitude, with no further actuation. My request is to substitute or possibly add this high value information to the initial selection pop up. So it's punch airplane, punch airport, see "3200' Grass," or better yet, "33-15 3200' Grass." What do you think?

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    Currently the touch selection shows tower frequency and pattern altitude then all you need to do is hit the [RWY] button to get straight to the runway page. You can also get a quick list of runway lengths using the [NRST] or [NRST] -> [EMER].
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com

Thanks Shawn. I'll check it out. I like the NRST method. No need to smudge the screen. I'll try the other as well, I haven't looked for the RWY button, didn't know it was there. Cheers!