Thread: Seattle Avionics Data for V16 Beta

Seattle Avionics Data for V16 Beta

I just sent this off to seattle avionics. Is anybody else having an issue with the version 16 monthly data update?

If anyone is reading this over holidays. I am trying to download the version 16 afs monthly chart update. I upgraded to your new software and was successful last month. Will not update this month. All I get is the system keeps freezing. Tried this on two different computers. Kevin oshea.

Just did download, found erratic program, in the middle of sectional suddenly got "download complete" then program continued download, Got msg " problem with Montana chart", then continued, got "download complete". Went out and back into program. Started with Montana chart then "program complete"

More info; put stick in 5600, all charts show proper expire date.

Reloaded software. Managed to finally download but took hours of stopping and restarting. The seattle av software is screwed up I also downloaded the version 15 data on my other device. Used old software. That was seamless.

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    You can use the old software and the 'Dynon SkyView' with v13 or greater check box for the AFS v16 beta software. Seattle Avionics is working on a final release that will include the AFS v16 checkbox.
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com

So, does this mean I should hold off installing the 5600 Dec software upgrade until Seattle Avionics posts a fix?

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rwayne View Post
    ...I should hold off installing the 5600 Dec software...
    This thread is referring to the Vx16.XX.XX beta customers.

PS:
    I'm not having the same issue with the Seattle Avionics Data Manager with V16 checkbox.
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com