Thread: Audio annunciations cut out midsentence

Audio annunciations cut out midsentence

This has been going on for a while with my 5600 and current software and have been trying to see diagnosable patterns but haven’t been able to. The aural annunciations cut out mid sentence intermittently for example instead of “autopilot engage” it says “autopi “ or “autopilot d” for “disengage”. It might say “check cano” instead of “check canopy latch”. Is there a setting that I’m overlooking that would help this slight annoyance?
    Last edited by rvdave; 12-19-2019 at 12:25 AM.
    Dave Ford
    RV10

Quote Originally Posted by rvdave View Post
    This has been going on for a while with my 5600 and current software and have been trying to see diagnosable patterns but haven’t been able to. The aural annunciations cut out mid sentence intermittently for example instead of “autopilot engage” it says “autopi “ or “autopilot d” for “disengage”. It might say “check cano” instead of “check canopy latch”. Is there a setting that I’m overlooking that would help this slight annoyance?
    This is usually caused by a problem with your audio panel and the input used.

1. Make sure you are running the latest EFIS software: https://www.advancedflightsystems.co...-MV16-AV40.zip

2. What model audio panel are you using and which input?
    Rob Hickman
    Advanced Flight Systems Inc.

I have the remote PS Engineering pac15ex with the audio input to either 1,2, or 4– not sure at this time but it’s an unswitched input to the audio panel. I know I didn’t tie it to 3 since that one is adjustable. I’ll try Mv16 latest.
    Last edited by rvdave; 12-22-2019 at 07:28 PM.
    Dave Ford
    RV10

After your suggestion that it may be input related I increased volume out of 5600 to audio panel and that took care of that problem. Must have been below input threshold of audio panel.
    Dave Ford
    RV10