Thread: 4500 - Planning Trip To Canada From US

4500 - Planning Trip To Canada From US

I am planning a trip to Canada this coming summer (from the U.S.) and wanted to make sure I understood what needs to be done for my AFS-4500 database needs.

I assume that the PocketFMS route is still my best option? It seems to require an PocketFMS FFM license (E150 / year) to be able to export the data?

Also, I am a little unsure if I would then be required to use the PocketFMS for the U.S. data portion of my flight also or just the additional Canada portion. i.e. Do the Advanced U.S. and the Canada PocketFMS live together on the SD or am I required to be all-in on PacketFMS for this trip? My guess is that I would be required to go all-in with PocketFMS after reading this: <https://www.advancedflightsystems.com/pocketfms.php>

Any other alternatives? I see a link for Jepp data also (Advanced Deck Data), but see no reference to that on their website in order to get pricing info for a one-time trip?

Thanks in advance for any help...

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    PocketFMS data is more detailed then the Jeppesen data. Calling Jeppesen is the only way I know to get their pricing. I would recommend creating two separate memory cards for the flight. You can only have one map/terrain/vector file on a card. The PocketFMS is fairly good in the US but having the option to swap them out.
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com

Thanks Shawn. I will give PocketFMS a try. The two data card option sounds like a plan.