Thread: Gtn vnav

Gtn vnav

Hi All - This thread started discussing the VNAV feature that came with the version 6.5 upgrade to GTNs: http://advanced-flight-systems.com/f...highlight=vnav . I just took the time to do this upgrade and couldn't get my AFS 5600 and tru trak AP to respond to the altitudes entered in the flight plan of the GTN or the waypoint altitudes automatically specified for approaches. VNAV is activated on the AFS unit, and the EFIS, AP, and GTN couple correctly to glideslopes on various approach types. The GTN shows a Message: "VNAV ... Unavailable: Barometric altitude lost". I'm not sure if this is indicating that the unit temporarily lost the baro altitude at some point, and this is a residual (but irrelevant) message, or if I need to change some setting. Any info is appreciated.

Cheers,
    Jeff

Largo, FL, Based at Clearwater Airpark KCLW
    Jeff --- my understanding is that you have to have Garmin autopilot/interface to do this --- my 5600T/650 combo displays the altitudes but my TT 385 will not fly them ---- not a big deal, for me -- (would not give up what I have for the Garmin stuff)

Ron