Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extended runway centerlines

Extended runway centerlines

Does AFS mapping software have the ability to display extended runway centerlines at destination airports like Dynon and ForeFlight? If so how is it activated?

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    The EFIS will draw the lead in arrow if you select the runway on the destination airport of the flight plan.
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn McGinnis View Post
    The EFIS will draw the lead in arrow if you select the runway on the destination airport of the flight plan.
    Shawn,
    Does AFS have any plans to add this feature in the future or is it proprietary to Dynon,Foreflight,etc?
    The lead in arrow is nice but showing all extended runway centerlines and runway numbers helps with situational awareness for crosswind alternatives or traffic landing/departing on crossing or parallel runways.
    Sure seems like an important feature since most of the other avionic manufacturers are including it in their mapping software!!
    I got used to and liked having the feature on my I-pad with ForeFlight but I ditched the I-pad for dual 10 inch AFS 5600's.
    Last edited by Kevin Yagues; 09-04-2019 at 12:37 PM.

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    I've added your request for review. This fits in with our IFR enhancements scheduled for the next major revision. As with all features the more interest in the feature the more quickly it will be implemented. So if you are interested reply with a quick vote.
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn McGinnis View Post
    I've added your request for review. This fits in with our IFR enhancements scheduled for the next major revision. As with all features the more interest in the feature the more quickly it will be implemented. So if you are interested reply with a quick vote.
    I'm interested.

Me too. Asked for this as soon I first flew with my new EFIS.

Interested as well.

I vote yes please. With the flight plan in the Avidyne and not on the AFS internal flight plan, its an extra step having to go into the AFS flight plan to select runway and not something I want to do for fear of messing things up.

When you select a runway on the Avidyne the selected runway is not sent in the ARINC data to the EFIS so we have no way of drawing it. If you select the runway in the EFIS flight plan it will draw the runway lead in arrow with the runway label. This is actually really handy for airports that have close runways like Salem Oregon with runways 31 and 34.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Rob Hickman
    Advanced Flight Systems Inc.