Thread: Configuring the AFS 4500 dual screens

Configuring the AFS 4500 dual screens

I have dual AFS 4500 screens.
    I recently installed an ARINC 429, the TruTrak Vizion 385 and a Garmin 175. I am trying to control my autopilot from my EFIS. How should my screens be configured?
    Currently both screens are configured:
    Serial Port 1 AVTN/AVTN
    Serial Port 2 TRFC/ICARUS
    Serial Port 3 SL-30 (I do have an SL-30 installed)
    Serial Port 4 disabled
    Should Serial Port 1 say AVTN/AVTN or AVTN/ARNV?
    It

i have similar set up and will check and get back to you. i do have a switch to control the vision either through the gps or efis
    alan

I also have the select switch to control the vizion through the EFIS or the GPS.

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    You will need the AF-ARINC module wired to one of the serial ports probably serial 4. This is what will drive the TruTrak.

Something like https://www.advancedflightsystems.co...%20Adaptor.pdf ignoring the 430 connections and switch.
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com

Thank you Shawn. I do have an AF-ARINC module. I think the issue may be the configuration of the Serial Ports. PFD is configured as follows: Port 1 AVTN/AVTN, Port 2 TRFC/ICARUS, Port 3 SL-30, and Port 4 ARINC. The MFD configuration is: Port 1 AVTN/AVTN, Port 2 DISABLED, Port 3 SL-30 and Port 4 ARINC. Can you comment if I have these configured properly? Do I need to give you any additional information? I can post a pic of my configuration screens if that helps. Would be easier to do that in an email.

I should add that the SL-30 is wired to the PFD.

I made the changes to my configuration as you folks suggested to me on a Facebook post. I still have one question. AFS comment said for me to decide how my SL-30 was wired and it should only be configured to only one screen, the PFD or the MFD. My SL-30 is wired to my PFD. I have the SL-30 configured to Serial Port 3 on the PFD. Should I disable the Serial Port 3 on my MFD that is also configured with the SL-30?
    I appreciate all the help.

Yes, disable the Serial Port 3 on the MFD. If its wired to the PFD then the MFD should not be configured to expect a SL-30 wired to ITS serial port #3. The GPS/NAV Data Source 2 will then transfer the (PFD) Serial Port #3, (MFD) Remote NAV
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems

Shawn, are you saying that on the MFD I now need to change the GPS/NAV Data Source 2 (on the MFD) to Remote Nav?

Yea, looking from the prospective of the MFD the Nav source, SL-30, is physically wired to a Remotely to the screen.
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems