Back in January I was about to purchase the Advanced engine instrumentation including a fuel flow transducer for my AF-5500. However, life happens. Last month I was told you only sell the Dynon engine kits now so I purchased that with an SV-EMS-220 module. It does not include a fuel flow transducer to my surprise. I have several questions about the Dynon kit.

1. Is fuel flow required to determine percent power?

2. If I purchase the fuel flow transducer separately does the Dynon engine harness already provide the necessary connections or will I need another harness?

3. Does the fuel remaining function require fuel quantity sensors (capacitance or otherwise) or can the pilot set the tank quantity in the AF-5500 and see fuel remaining as fuel is consumed?

4. Is Carburetor Temperature used for percent power in the AF-5500? (I've almost never seen a carburetor temp gage in an airplane and am trying to understand its value)

5. Can the SV-EMS be mounted near a Whelen strobe powerpack? If not, is their a minimum distance between the powerpack and the SV-EMS-220?

6. Can EGT/CHT wires or the engine instrumentation wires be run near the Whelen strobe powerpack?

7. The engine wiring harness includes a DB-9 connector but I haven't found any documentation regarding its purpose. Could you provide any insights?

Thanks