Thread: Not seeing weather depiction on 5600T

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Largo, FL, Based at Clearwater Airpark KCLW

Not seeing weather depiction on 5600T

Been flying around storm cells last couple of days ---- getting traffic but no weather depiction ---- 5600T, uavionix Echo, -- working well with WiFi to my iFly 740 and iPad running WingX or FlyQ --- had uAvionix hard wired to 5600T and has worked well in the past ---- not showing weather so I disabled Port 1 and switched to WiFi input to 5600T -- Screen shows Conus and Regional times (3-9minutes) and traffic works fine --- still no weather depiction. Latest software.

Any ideas?

OK -- tried again today (6/17) ---- still nothing --- tried WiFi, again --- screen shows hooked to uAvionix WiFi, again, traffic, METARS, TAFs, but no NEXRAD shows -- CONUS and REGIONAL times not showing today ---- so, tomorrow, will go back to the Port 1 ADS-B, 115K and try again -- fortunately, lots of TS activity around to look at.

Today, 6/19 --- lots of weather came up on the iFly 740 and iPad Wing X ---- on the 5600T, lots of weather showed up for about 30 seconds, then disappeared and never came back --- showing traffic METARS/TAFS, and CONUS and REGIONAL 3-6 Minutes.

Found out my hangar neighbor, same setup with 5500T --- no joy on NEXRAD display --
    Last edited by Ronsim; 06-19-2019 at 10:49 AM.