Thread: Not seeing weather depiction on 5600T

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Largo, FL, Based at Clearwater Airpark KCLW

Not seeing weather depiction on 5600T

Been flying around storm cells last couple of days ---- getting traffic but no weather depiction ---- 5600T, uavionix Echo, -- working well with WiFi to my iFly 740 and iPad running WingX or FlyQ --- had uAvionix hard wired to 5600T and has worked well in the past ---- not showing weather so I disabled Port 1 and switched to WiFi input to 5600T -- Screen shows Conus and Regional times (3-9minutes) and traffic works fine --- still no weather depiction. Latest software.

Any ideas?

OK -- tried again today (6/17) ---- still nothing --- tried WiFi, again --- screen shows hooked to uAvionix WiFi, again, traffic, METARS, TAFs, but no NEXRAD shows -- CONUS and REGIONAL times not showing today ---- so, tomorrow, will go back to the Port 1 ADS-B, 115K and try again -- fortunately, lots of TS activity around to look at.

Today, 6/19 --- lots of weather came up on the iFly 740 and iPad Wing X ---- on the 5600T, lots of weather showed up for about 30 seconds, then disappeared and never came back --- showing traffic METARS/TAFS, and CONUS and REGIONAL 3-6 Minutes.

Found out my hangar neighbor, same setup with 5500T --- no joy on NEXRAD display --
    Last edited by Ronsim; 06-19-2019 at 10:49 AM.

Still nothing on the NEXRAD

Just updated my original post ---- lots of weather showing on my iPad and iFly 740 --- not working on the 5600T or my neighbors 5500T --

Left a couple of voice mails

We did find a problem with the CONUS weather and we have a new software update that solves the CONUS. We have not had any report of ADSB local weather problems using our Dynon 472 ADSB receiver.
    Rob Hickman
    Advanced Flight Systems Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Hickman View Post
    We did find a problem with the CONUS weather and we have a new software update that solves the CONUS. We have not had any report of ADSB local weather problems using our Dynon 472 ADSB receiver.
    Available? Gonna be needing weather depiction to fly to Osh.

Ed Holyoke

I did the new software update and flew this morning --- lots of weather around ---- new software worked fine --- saw the weather initially for about 30 seconds - it dropped out and then came back after about a minute --- from then on, worked great --- iPad and iFly 740 confirmed display.

OOPS ---spoke too soon - next time NEXRAD disappeared and did not come back -- sent log files to Rob and he is working on it.

Ron
    Last edited by Ronsim; 07-13-2019 at 11:25 AM.

I also lost weather on 5600T. UAvionix echo. Weather shows on Foreflight no problem. Is there a software update for this?
    John Kazickas
    Sands Point, NY
    Glasair Sportsman N9GZ

Latest software seems to have fixed it, but

Quote Originally Posted by jkgoblue View Post
    I also lost weather on 5600T. UAvionix echo. Weather shows on Foreflight no problem. Is there a software update for this?
    The latest software addressed the "Conus" issue and seems to have fixed the problem, but, it takes a very long time for the Conus to be activated (Regional has always come up quickly, but it needs the Counus to actually display?) --- I have flown several times with known weather nearby and, eventually the weather will start showing --- my buddy with a similar setup to mine (he has 5500T/uavionix) loaded the latest software and has also been successful in getting the weather. We both have portable units (G796, iFly 740, iPad with FlyQ/WingX) that use the WiFi from uavionix and display the weather much quicker.

However, we love our AFS units and would not trade them for any of the other products out there.

Ron

Local weather is on a 5 minute update rate and Conus is 15 minutes. The update rate on any device connected to the uavionics should be the same, are you sure you have the baud rate set to 115K?
    Rob Hickman

Rob ---- yessir -- I am on Serial Port 1, ADSB 115K ---- weather on the AFS does not display until CONUS is established, but on the portables (WiFi from uAvionix) comes up much quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronsim View Post
    Rob ---- yessir -- I am on Serial Port 1, ADSB 115K ---- weather on the AFS does not display until CONUS is established, but on the portables (WiFi from uAvionix) comes up much quicker.
    1. are you positive you are running efis software version: Vx15.01.19

2. What AP are you running on the iPad and are you sure it is not getting weather from a internet connection before you take off?

3. You said "weather on the AFS does not display until CONUS is established" it should be displaying the local nexrad (<250 miles) weather in the first 5 minutes

We would like to see screen captures of the ipad and EFIS and the system logs with serial port log data from your next flight.
    Rob Hickman