Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Contact Us Advanced Flight Systems

Largo, FL, Based at Clearwater Airpark KCLW
    Thanks, Rob ----- Ken sent me a new software update --- I installed it, and, this morning, flew toward a line of thunderstorms off the coast ---- the Nexrad appeared on the screen, disappeared after about 30 seconds, and then, a minute later came back loud and clear! ---- looks like the new software took care of the problem.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Hickman View Post
    The email on June 2 said "So I believed that it was taking a charge. Sorry for the confusion." So I did not realize you still needed help?

-Rob Hickman
    Rob:

The original request / questions were about:

1) Connecting the IBBS Pin 2 “Battery Info” to the AFS 5500 Exp. Cable Connector Pin 13 “Volts2”.

I went ahead and did that. The IBBS as well as the AFS indications appear to be working / displaying properly.

2) The AGL, altitude above ground, does not work. Looking for guidance on where to start troubleshooting.

This is still a problem. Still looking for guidance.

3) I connected a GDL-82 Pin 21, “Fail” switch, to the AFS 5500 Main Cable Pin 8 “input #3”.

Still need guidance on how to activate an audible and or display message “UAT Fail”.

Apparently, I had a typo in my email address in the original web site request for information. I sent the corrected address to Don, and asked that he resend his response.p to the corrected address. I have not received a response to that.

Thank you.

Byron Covey
    Last edited by Byron Covey; 07-09-2019 at 07:52 AM.

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Byron Covey View Post
    2)...AGL does not work...
    Do you have the HRTERRAIN folder on the USB drive and is synthetic vision working properly? Post a picture of your CHECK -> ABOUT page, the bottom shows what GPS is feeding that data.

Quote Originally Posted by Byron Covey View Post
    3)...how to activate an audible and or display message “UAT Fail...”
    SET -> Hold CAL -> Inputs -> Set input #3 Usage to Generic and label it "UAT Fail"
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn McGinnis View Post
    Do you have the HRTERRAIN folder on the USB drive and is synthetic vision working properly? Post a picture of your CHECK -> ABOUT page, the bottom shows what GPS is feeding that data.
    Will do when I get home from Oshkosh. Thanks.
    SET -> Hold CAL -> Inputs -> Set input #3 Usage to Generic and label it "UAT Fail"
    I was omitting changing the usage to Generic.

Thank you.

BJC

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn McGinnis View Post
    Do you have the HRTERRAIN folder on the USB drive and is synthetic vision working properly?
    Synthetic vision is not working. The USB drive does have HRTERRAIN, and is in the upper USB port. Does it need to be in the lower port on the 5500?

Thanks,

Byron Covey

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    Which port shouldn't effect the EFIS. Be sure to properly eject the drive from the computer.

If this is a new drive be sure that you are using FAT32 filesystem and that the label is set to AFS_DATA.
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com