Thread: Adjusting a approach plate

Adjusting a approach plate

When I set an approach plate up on my 5400, I only have about 30 seconds to move the approach plate around on the screen before it "locks up". To move/adjust it again I need to effectively re-load the plate.
    Is there a way to adjust that so I can use the lower right knob on my 5400 to move the view of the approach plate for a longer time?
    Thanks,
    Paul Collins
    8ZV

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Collins View Post
    When I set an approach plate up on my 5400, I only have about 30 seconds to move the approach plate around on the screen before it "locks up". To move/adjust it again I need to effectively re-load the plate.
    Is there a way to adjust that so I can use the lower right knob on my 5400 to move the view of the approach plate for a longer time?
    Thanks,
    Paul Collins
    8ZV
    I suspect you have some other issue going on causing the lock up. I'm not experiencing that symptom on my 5500. Are you on the current software release?
    Bob Leffler
    N410BL - RV10 - Flying
    http://mykitlog.com/rleffler

Yes, the software has been updated.
    Paul Collins
    N8ZV

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    What method are you using to bring up the plates?
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com

I tap on the right side of the screen to pull up various options (I have a 5400). Then I tap on approach option, tap the lower right knob and get to the correct approach plate and select that. When the approach plate is on the screen, I can move it around, adjust size, etc. for about 30 seconds. After that, in order to adjust it again I have to go through the selection process again.
    There may be another way to make the approach plate work, but I have not found it.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Paul Collins

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    You should still be able to move/zoom it with the joystick. To change plates touch the center of the plate screen then touch plate again.
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com