Thread: Svautopilot.log

Svautopilot.log

I am troubleshooting the connection of two Dynon SV32 servos to my 5600. They were previously successfully driven by a Dynon D10A. The Calibration/Advanced SV Network page shows that they are present, and during recent system software updates the servo firmware version has been successfully updated to 15.4.1.5183. Given that communication is taking place across the SV network I suspect that the electrical connections have been properly made. The 5600 can generate a SVAUTOPILOT.LOG file, which looks to be a series of hexadecimal numbers. I am retired from a job in the computer industry and am used to looking at such files ..... is there a document available that would help me to decode the meaning of those numbers?

--ray

The servos have been calibrated and the test runs fine. I have the FD enabled and have selected SV Autopilot as the autopilot type. When I go to the AP page and select Level or Engage, the engage light will just blink on and not stay on. Seems like I am missing something pretty basic. Does this description suggest something I'm not enabling?

--ray

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    Have you performed the autopilot calibration process within calibration? It has you move the control surfaces to all corners then plays back the movements to confirm.
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com

Yes, the calibration and test seem to perform fine, but engaging the autopilot, either on the ground or in the air results in the engage light blinking on then immediately off. Might there be any clues in any of the log files?

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    You can send in the system logs and svautopilot.log files and we could take a look. If you haven't already, try re-running the servo calibration process.
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com