Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Traffic to ipad

Traffic to ipad

I am now getting traffic sent from 5600 via WiFi to ForeFlight on my iPad. Like it. Wondering if FlyQ is supported with advanced flight systems, thinking about trying FlyQ.
    Dave Ford
    RV10

Quote Originally Posted by rvdave View Post
    I am now getting traffic sent from 5600 via WiFi to ForeFlight on my iPad. Like it. Wondering if FlyQ is supported with advanced flight systems, thinking about trying FlyQ.
    Works well. you can also get air data too.

If you aren't aware, SA makes some great deals on Black Friday. I've got lifetime subscriptions for charts/plates, FlyQ, and Voyager. Usually its a 2-3 year ROI.
    Bob Leffler
    N410BL - RV10 - Flying
    http://mykitlog.com/rleffler

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    Some versions of FlyQ have an issue with the EFIS providing both SkyView and UDP 4000 data. You may need to play around with the Wi-Fi calibration setting, setting ADS-B Broadcast to SkyView is known to work well.
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com

Is there a configuration option somewhere on the 5600/5700 to enable sending traffic and weather? I am not getting the traffic on Foreflight. In the "Devices" section, the Advanced Flight deck says it supports GPS, flight plan etc but not weather and no traffic. I am getting ADS-B traffic and weather on my 5600/5700.

I believe you need the wifi module, then set iPad to afs WiFi.
    Dave Ford
    RV10

As I said above, AFS deck shows up in "Devices" in Foreflight. I can send and receive flight plan info and receive GPS position from AFS, so I think the wireless network is configured correctly. I am not getting traffic and weather on Foreflight, unsure why. Tried two different ipads, with different subscriptions.

Not sure, maybe Rob will chime in.
    Dave Ford
    RV10

Are you running v15 software in the EFIS? As long as the EFIS doesn't hear incoming GDL90 on the WiFi, and its getting ADS-B information in via serial, it will send out GDL90 to its attached wireless devices.
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems

Yes, running the latest 15.01.09 on all three screens. My onboard WiFi is configured with IFD440 as the host and DHCP server, and AFS as a WiFi client. When the tablet connects, I see both AFS and IFD in there.

Would IFD440 send out GDL90 traffic over WiFi? This is a strong possibility, since it is a GPS. IFD's traffic would not include ADS-B since AFS system is the primary source for that.

What would be the correct way to configure the network so that IFD GDL90 traffic does not block AFS?

The IFD may not have a route that allows external devices to talk to each other. Does it work when connected directly to the AF-5000?
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems