Thread: Gallons used incorrect

Gallons used incorrect

Still learning about my 4500 system. Tracked my gallons used from each tank this week on a few flights to see how accurate my indication was. EFIS said I used 4.3 gallons from left tank but when refueling I was only able to put in 3.3 gallons. EFIS showed I had burned 8.8 gallons from the right tank but When I filled up I was only able to put in 6.08 gallons. It is common for this to be that far off? Is there a way to correct/calibrate my fuel used?

from the manual
    Fuel Flow Calibration
    The accuracy of the fuel computer is affected by the value of Counts per .01 gals (K Factor). The Counts per .01 gals (K Factor) sets the calibration of the instrument to match the flow transducer and the variations in the installation. After running a tank of fuel use the following formula to adjust the accuracy.
    The Counts per .01 gals (K Factor) is adjusted from the Fuel Flow/Computer page in Instrument Calibration. New Counts per .01 gals = (Old Counts per .01 gals) x (Disp GAL USED/PUMP GALS)
    hope this helps
    alan
    n668g rv10

Then to,confirm my understanding, if my EFIS said I burned 13.1 gallons but when fueling I could only put in 9.38 gallons then 13.1/9.38=1.396 or 1.4. I now take the K Factor that is in my EFIS, 680, and multiply that by 1.4 which now equals 952. I now reset mthe K Factor on my fuel Flow Configuration page to 952. Am I understanding this correctly?
    Thank you very much with your explanation.

yes but do a few more flights to fine tune it
    alan