Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Autopilot localizer offset

Autopilot localizer offset

Ifd540 to vizion 385 when a/p on efis selected and coupled to approach always flies left of course with a right deviation of indicator. The autopilot joins and tracks a heading perfectly, tracks course on magenta line but during ils or lpv after faf plane stays left of course even though it is being told to fly right one full bar. Tried a/p localizer gain but doesn’t seem to have any effect, any other settings to look at? Is the error in steering commands from ifd540 or does the efis output commands to a/p? Or is sv-arinc involved?
    Last edited by rvdave; 12-25-2018 at 08:33 PM.
    Dave Ford
    RV10

I have the same issue with the same equipment. Except mine stays on the right side of course with EFIS needle telling the AP to make left correction. Working with Trutrak on a fix for a long time and nothing has corrected it on their side.

Quote Originally Posted by flysrv10 View Post
    I have the same issue with the same equipment. Except mine stays on the right side of course with EFIS needle telling the AP to make left correction. Working with Trutrak on a fix for a long time and nothing has corrected it on their side.
    I've got a Vizion too, but I have a GTN650. I've not noticed this symptom, but in all fairness, I don't fly an ILS often enough. If I get two or three a year, I'm lucky. I am interested in learning what you find out to be the root cause.

bob
    Bob Leffler
    N410BL - RV10 - Flying
    http://mykitlog.com/rleffler

Mine seems to only do this on LPV approaches. ILS is OK. However I will make an effort to confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by flysrv10 View Post
    Mine seems to only do this on LPV approaches. ILS is OK. However I will make an effort to confirm.
    Interesting. I fly LPVs several times a month and haven't noticed any issues. It appears that the symptom may be unique to the Avidyne. But then a sampling of one GTN is hardly conclusive.
    Bob Leffler
    N410BL - RV10 - Flying

Bob, do you let the autopilot fly from faf or do you hand fly usually, just wondering ?
    Last edited by rvdave; 12-29-2018 at 03:15 PM.
    Dave Ford
    RV10

I've noticed it as well

Quote Originally Posted by rvdave View Post
    Bob, do you let the autopilot fly from faf or do you hand fly usually, just wondering ?
    Yes, I'll let the AP fly as far as it will go. I forget where I've got the minimums set to at the moment, but it's well inside the FAF.

bob
    Bob Leffler
    N410BL - RV10 - Flying

Per Rob’s suggestion increased gpss value in the Vizion and that seemed to solve the problem, now looking for side effects of changing that value.
    Dave Ford
    RV10

dave,
    i think mine is set to 16. what did you change it to? I have an avidyne 440
    Alan
    N668G RV10