Thread: Loader failed

Loader failed

I’m having incidents with latest software v15.01.03 after I’ve been using it now for a while where in sv update page after scan, some components say update required. When I go to update it goes through the steps, gets to enumerating network, starts loading then says loader failed, remove power. After rebooting all seems to work but don’t know if it was updated. If I try to update it does the same thing. I’ve seen this on two screens so far. I originally thought update was only required if there was new equipment or a software update? Why would it prompt me to update? I recently installed sv-arinc and updated but that is working fine. Should I be able to update at any time to be sure everything is synced and working?
    Last edited by rvdave; 12-15-2018 at 06:33 PM.
    Dave Ford
    RV10

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    You can always go into Advanced SV Network to verify the status. My guess is that you have a channel in red. If so you will want to fix the wiring to any devices with red "A" or "B" channel.
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com

You’re right I do have reds on channel A, everything but the pfd efis. What wiring would I be looking for, everything seems to be working except update? What triggers the red As?
    Dave Ford
    RV10

Update after sending last message——disconnected and reconnected hub connectors, seems to work now. So I’m guessing channels a and b parallel each other as backup and provide same information?
    Dave Ford
    RV10

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    Correct, Channel A is the solid green and solid blue. Where channel B is white with green or blue stripe. You may have a stray wire strand that is shorting one of the wires to another wire. The SkyView Network is designed to be fault tolerant which is why "B" kept everything running but "A" is used for updates.
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com