Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: audio aoa

Quote Originally Posted by sahrens View Post
    Any update on the release? I would really like to have access to the AOA tones.

Thank you.

Scott
    If you have v16 it is available now. You can download it from the website. In the latest manual, p 55 shows you how to activate it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    John Kazickas
    Sands Point, NY
    Glasair Sportsman N9GZ

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    As a quick note the software is not currently available for download from the website. If you are interest in testing the latest let us know.
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com

Shawn, I can be a beta tester if you need an additional user. I'm located in Portland OR area. I have an RV-7 with 5000T EFIS

Just finished recalibrating aoa with new software and love the aural cues of aoa while keeping eyes outside. Thanks AFS for following up and providing this great feature.
    Dave Ford
    RV10

Need help with tone settings. Everything seems to work fine except when I touch down and roll out, the tone is constantly blaring all the way til I turn off the runway. It becomes an issue when I'm asked to contact ground or acknowledge an instruction and the tone is still going off. Is there a setting that I need to adjust to get the tone to go away once I'm on the ground?
    John Kazickas
    Sands Point, NY
    Glasair Sportsman N9GZ

Quote Originally Posted by jkgoblue View Post
    I need to adjust to get the tone to go away once I'm on the ground?
    Reducing your Landing Warning Override should fix your issue. If you are using a pitot tube based AOA probe start with 2.0. If the alert doesn't stop after flare increase this number to quiet the alert earlier. If the system still doesn't alarm reduce this number further.
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems

hello, i have an AF5600 with the port on the wing, the loss alarm does not work since i update the software, there is someone who can help me please.

Not sure if you’ll have to recalibrate but for sure check all status settings, aural cues on, volume, aoa on, etc.
    Dave Ford
    RV10

Hello, thank you very much for your answer, volume and other items are fine, it would be a problem to recalibr the aoa, will there be another solution?. Best regards

If you aren't hearing the tones on the AOA calibration page:
    I have been recently told that audio panels have active circuitry that tries to blocking tone signals. To test this you can remove power from the audio panel which may cause the audio to pass through into one ear of the pilot's headset. If this allows you to hear the tones on the AOA calibration page increasing the Master Volume in the Test Audio page should allow the tones to come through when the audio panel is powered.
    My testing showed that a Master Volume below 42% and an Alert Tone Volume Adjust (%) of 100% would be blocked with a PDA360.
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems