Thread: Transponder low power

Transponder low power

Howdy,

I had by transponder check done recently and ever since I get an intermittent alert of Transponder TX LOW PWR 9156W).

I was not present when the xpdr check was done. Is there a special setup mode that they may have neglected or something along those lines? How can I get this corrected?

Ed Holyoke

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    This warning is a measured by the transmitter detecting forwards power levels. You might double check the antenna connections. I'm assuming the transponder passed the output power test?

I'm not sure how you could get 9156W, the number should max out at 255W programmatically.
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn McGinnis View Post
    This warning is a measured by the transmitter detecting forwards power levels. You might double check the antenna connections. I'm assuming the transponder passed the output power test?

I'm not sure how you could get 9156W, the number should max out at 255W programmatically.
    I mistyped. It is 158w that i see. Don't know where 9156 came from. They couldn't have messed with the antenna connection as that is behind the baggage bulkhead. I'll be pulling that this month for my condition inspection. I didn't get a report other than the logbook sticker, but one would assume it passed.

Ed Holyoke