Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EarthX Battery Monitor

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

EarthX Battery Monitor

I have an EarthX battery in an RV-6 with dual 5600s and want to connect the battery monitoring wire to the EFIS. My questions, if it's possible, which pin do we use, how does the 5600 respond when it gets the 12v signal, and how do we program the settings to know that input is the battery monitor.
    Thank you,
    Buster

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    I have an EarthX battery in an RV-6 with dual 5600s and want to connect the battery monitoring wire to the EFIS. My questions, if it's possible, which pin do we use, how does the 5600 respond when it gets the 12v signal, and how do we program the settings to know that input is the battery monitor.
    Thank you,
    Buster

EarthX has a monitor function with a dedicated lead that is intended to go to an annunciator lamp or LED. I don't recall the voltage, but it isn't 12v. I have two of them in my RV-10. Both monitor leads are run to an input pin on the EFIS. There are three of these input ports on each screen (if you have more than one). You can configure the text message that appears on the screen and whether the alert is triggered by going high or low.
    Bob Leffler
    N410BL - RV10 - Flying
    http://mykitlog.com/rleffler

Thanks. You're correct, it's not 12v. It simply goes to ground. Rob sent the instructions to get this connected and on the EFIS. I can share them if anyone wants them. I'm not the builder, and the manuals I have don't address this, so I'm thankful for a company with fantastic customer support!

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Thanks. You're correct, it's not 12v. It simply goes to ground. Rob sent the instructions to get this connected and on the EFIS. I can share them if anyone wants them. I'm not the builder, and the manuals I have don't address this, so I'm thankful for a company with fantastic customer support!
    Buster,
    Please send the instructions to me at speedy11 at aol dot com.
    Thanks,
    Stan

All you need to do is connect the wire from the earthX battery to a spare EFIS digital input.
    Rob Hickman
    Advanced Flight Systems Inc.

I had talked with Rob about this a while back. I asked if you guys could incorporate the EarthX battery monitoring wire into one of the inputs, and then based on the bus voltage and the "blinking" of the monitoring wire, have the AFS 5600 display the battery fault and required action. This would be much easier that trying to look up the "decoder" page in the EarthX manual. Rob said that it would be relatively easy to incorporate into the software. Has there been any progress on this lately? Thanks!!

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    Thanks for the input, this has been added to our feature request list. As with all features the more interest in the feature the more quickly it will be implemented. So if you are interested reply with a quick vote.
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn McGinnis View Post
    Thanks for the input, this has been added to our feature request list. As with all features the more interest in the feature the more quickly it will be implemented. So if you are interested reply with a quick vote.
    my vote .......
    Bob Leffler
    N410BL - RV10 - Flying
    http://mykitlog.com/rleffler

I’m planning on future earthex and would be interested.
    Dave Ford
    RV10