Thread: (Re)setting Joystick Controls and EFIS

(Re)setting Joystick Controls and EFIS

I had a recent meltdown that necessitated re-creating all of my AFS settings. Through Rob's help (Thanks Rob!), I've got almost everything working. Here are 3 things that are still messed up that hopefully Shawn/Rob/Someone can provide some pointers on ...

1) The elevator trim hat control on the joystick ... Previously, this was set for Push Hat Down = nose up and Push Hat Up = nose down. This was intuitive to me (and the original builder) because it mirrors pulling back on the stick for nose up and pushing forward on the stick for nose down. Now it's set up as the reverse. I can go into SET -> CAL and find what I think is the setting interface for this, but the number "coordinates" that seem to set the up/level/down position are greyed-out / not editable. ??

2) The autopilot button on the joystick ... This is an AFS Autopilot unit with 2 buttons: AP and EFIS. Previously, the button on the underside of the stick activated the EFIS mode. Now it activates the AP mode. How can I switch that?

3) Com2 radio frequencies ... This may be connected to #2. I have a Dynon AFS navcom2. Before the meltdown, I was able to use the touch interface of my 5600 to enter/select frequencies on the PFD screen. Now, touching the displayed frequencies doesn't generate the popup interface. I can only change frequencies on this com2 using the physical buttons of the AFS radio. How can I revert back to the way it was before?

Thanks for any info!

Cheers,
    Jeff

I also wonder if there is software setting way to do (1). On my new panel install, either the cables were reversed, or a setting somewhere has changed, and my elevator trim is now reversed.

What are the fields you're looking at in SET->CAL?

Re #1 ... the elevator trim servo was just replaced, and it's possible that the wire positions were reversed. I'm just hoping that there's a way to change the orientation via the AFS software rather than having to go back into the tail and mess around with the soldering. Here's the Admin menu that shows the Position Calibration numbers ... but seemingly no way to edit these: https://screencast.com/t/YRunQRQDt

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    You should be able to go down to FULL UP and press [SWAP] then [SAVE]. Otherwise just perform the calibration placing the elevator at the selected position and pressing [COPY]. Repeat for center and down. Be sure to [SAVE] when finished.
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com

Thanks Shawn. I'll try that. Thoughts regarding my other question #2 regarding the joystick and autopilot activation/deactivation button (i.e., AP vs EFIS)?

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    Best guess is an ARINC issue. Where the steering commands aren't getting to your Trutrak.
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com