Thread: AFS 4500 and Autopilot

AFS 4500 and Autopilot

Hi guys... I have an AF 4500 and trutrak autopilot. I’m trying to get an autopilot audible alert when pushing the disconnect on the stick. I tried input user 1 but the problem is unless I hold the switch for a second or two the AF 4500 doesn’t recognize it and alert me. Usually when I disconnect or it gets bumped it’s a quick push and the AF 4500 doesn’t see the push. I heard another way is to wire the AP Serial Out to the AF Serial in. I added that to the admin setting in the af 4500 and get the “Engage” along the bottom. It used to say FD/HITs but that has been moved to another page. If I make this connection how can I expect the AP to be engaged and disengaged in the af 4500? Will the stick disconnect switch still show up with an audible alert. Bottom line is I want an alert when the stick disconnect is pushed intentionally or unintentionally.

Thanks
    Last edited by wnplt; 07-14-2018 at 02:47 PM.

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    Yes, as long as your version of Trutrak has the serial protocols it will allow you to receive audible feedback from the EFIS. You can also keep your existing general purpose input alert if you would like. Be sure you have updated to the latest version of the software.
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com

I believe my AP has version 2.51