Thread: 43000 ft on the ground

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

43000 ft on the ground

I am just connecting up my 5500. I have three problems that I can't understand.

1) the height shown on the display is 43,000 ft. I'm pretty sure that I'm not that far up! other systems connected to the pitot are reading fine.
    2) the system is connected to an old 3500 with crossbow ADAHRS. I can not adjust the pitch. I can get the readout of what it is set to next to the joystick. and it reads 0.0. however it will not adjust at all.
    3) the connection to the GPS is very inconsistent. I have a Garmin G5 and a Avadyn 440 connected. They either both work fine or both sources read as being at the north pole. Both give an error message when off line, that message disappears but sometimes the map knows where I am other times its the north pole.

Could you advise me what to try.
    Ta

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    Sounds like you have selected the wrong type of AIRDATA Module Configuration. My records show you should be using an SV-ADAHRS-200 so your AIRDATA Module should be set for HW:AF-SV NET:TXD.
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com

Thanks Shawn.
    I do have the new ADAHRS. But wasn't going to fit it yet. I've been held up getting her back in the air, nothing to do with AFS, and just wanted to get her flying for now and fit the ADAHARS this winter. If I turn off the AIRDATA I still can't adjust the pitch display to allow for the panel being tilted. Is this right? I get the data from the other screen with the crossbow ADAHRS no problem.

If it's a non-s you probably just need to update the software to 7.5.0 http://dynonavionics.com/af-non-s-software-updates.php. This fixes the pitch adjust.
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems

Thanks for that info. I haven't tried it yet but will do.

I've only just been able to get her in the air a couple of weeks ago. Nothing to do with the AFS unit, just no time to get to the airport due to work commitments.

Now she is in the air I want to update the navigational data base. Being in Europe I have to use the Pocket FMS data base. I note that in the US you can now use the Dynon data. Is it possible for me to use the Dynon data in Europe? If so do you have instructions for doing that? It would make a very big difference for me as Pocket FMS has not been developed for years and the Dynon data is from Easyvfr that is the current software. Thnks Tom

Here are the instructions to create a map file for the AF-5000:
    http://www.advanced-flight-systems.c...pocketfms.html
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems