Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ADSB Traffic

ADSB Traffic

While flying today in needed to check some airport info on the sectional and there was so much traffic in the area that I could not read the desired info. Is there an easy/quick way to turn-off (and subsequently on) the traffic display?

I would assume the weather display might also make the underlying data difficult to read so there might be times I want to temporarily turn that off as well.

Thanks for your help!
    Dick

Unfortunately, there is currently no switch for the display of the traffic. I will add it to our feature request list. You can, however, disable the weather under the MAP->WX menu.

Have you done this yet? In the last two weeks I have been cleared for an ifr approach into two different highly congested areas. There were so many targets on the approach plate half of the screen that it was impossible to use the displayed plate. Additionally I was getting constant audio alerts for traffic that it was very distracting.

As I read this I wonder why pulling the ADSB IN CB would not eliminate the traffic and weather from the screen? I will try this next time I fly. Larry

Maybe I am not considering TIS traffic from the mode S transponder?
    Last edited by larco; 03-26-2017 at 02:50 PM.

I'm curious as to the status of this request. Just this past weekend I was doing a practice approach and there was so much traffic I couldn't read key elements of the approach plate. The CB solution is not an option for those of us that have a single out/in solution.

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    I've been told it will be included in the release after this coming release. So in the 13.04.00+ software.
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn McGinnis View Post
    I've been told it will be included in the release after this coming release. So in the 13.04.00+ software.
    Hi Shawn,

What is the status of this? Has this been implemented? If so, how do I do it (ie temporarily turm off traffic display?)

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    Use SET->MAP->TRAFFIC to turn off the traffic display. You can also disable just the sound using EFIS->TRFC SND to just disable the audio.
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com

traffic tails

On a related note, I was out flying last night practicing approaches. There were at least a half dozen folks practicing maneuvers directly in the path of any aircraft on the approach. The issue that I had was two fold. The traffic box color was difficult to read for me. Not enough contrast with the white approach plate. The second issue was that I couldn't see any of the directional traffic tails. I don't know if they are white and blend in with the plate, or were just missing.
    Bob Leffler
    N410BL - RV10 - Flying
    http://mykitlog.com/rleffler

bob,
    once i see traffic on the screen i look at foe flight on my iPad mini and tap on it.then you get the speed/distance/direction
    alan