Thread: Geo-referenced plates 5800T

Geo-referenced plates 5800T

Hello,

I've got a 5800T in an RV-10. I keep the software and subscription data up-to-date on each cycle. I noticed, starting 2 cycles ago, that many of the geo-referenced plates pulled from Seattle Avionics no longer properly geo-reference the aircraft on the plate. Most of the time, the position indicator appears somewhere on the chart, but never moves in relation to the aircraft position. We see it with both approach plates and airport diagrams. What is interesting is that the aircraft indicator will rotate to correctly indicate the GPS track of the aircraft, but not the actual position.

What could be the cause of this?

Thanks!
    Russ

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    Can you provide more information about which plate you are experiencing issues with?
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com

Shawn,

We are specifically having problems with the KGVL RNAV Rwy 5 approach and the KWDR ILS Rwy 31 approach. Those are just the ones we tried, and the same behavior was exhibited. The plane is on the map, but never moves ... it only rotates to indicate the GPS track. The KLZU airport diagram, however, was properly geo-referencing.

Russ

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    I'm not seeing the same result. Can you verify your software version using CHECK -> ABOUT. You can then go to CHECK -> ABOUT -> MAP and ensure your plates are up to date.
    Latest version here: http://dynonavionics.com/af-5000-software-updates.php

Are you seeing the green box around the map portion of the plate? Are you seeing colored dots placed on important features?
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com