Thread: Airport map error

Airport map error

I am getting two different diagrams for an airport when I select direct, type in an airport and if I select airport I get a Seattle avionics diagram with taxiway errors but if I select plates and airport I get an faa airport diagram that is correct. The airport is Ktvc that I noticed. Do I have an old file embedded somehow? All my maps and charts are up to date as far as I know from website info. Emailed Seattle avionics but they did not see what I
    Dave Ford
    RV10

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    I think you are seeing the different files, one is the airport diagram and one is the airport diagram plate, as you said already.

What is wrong with which diagram? Please provide a button press list for the two files and pictures of the two different diagrams.
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com

Direct
    Edit
    KTVC Enter
    Airport
    ...brings up this

Direct
    Edit
    KTVC ENTER
    AP PLT
    Airport Diagram
    ...brings up this

Taxiway differences, I receive this taxiway instruction from atc after requesting taxi to runway 28 from north hangars—
    “Taxi Charlie 1, Charlie, Delta, hold short Delta 2”. Looking at the Seattle diagram I would never find Delta 2 to get a preview. Fortunately I am familiar with this airport but are there others like this?
    Last edited by rvdave; 03-10-2018 at 02:27 PM.
    Dave Ford
    RV10

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    Those look like the files from Seattle Avionics 1803 data. I've sent this posting to support@seattleavionics.com for review.

Name:  TVC_SA_DIAGRAM.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  21.3 KBName:  00425AD.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  23.9 KB
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com

I had a similar experience at KPGD this weekend. I was not familiar with the airport and sat there scratching my head when I got the taxiway instructions. When I talked to controller again he said I was looking at was a very old map prior to taxiway changes. I need to see if I can duplicate the problem next time I go to the hanger. I pulled up the airport diagram directly from the map selection menu.

We have notified Seattle Avionics support about the discrepancy between their proprietary airport diagram and the current FAA Chart Supplement diagram for KPGD. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, you will probably want to follow up with Seattle Avionics yourself for an ETA if you fly out of this airport regularly.