Thread: SD Card Issues w/ AF-5600 OS:1

SD Card Issues w/ AF-5600 OS:1

Could use some advice with by Kitfox's OS1 5600 unit. It contained the latest software updates and was working until recently...in fact it was fine until I loaded the latest 28-day cycle map earlier this month. After searching for and reading SD card posts, I confirm that I am using a SanDisk Ultra-PLUS, SDHC1 16 GB card. My 5600 successfully read the current map and a new CHKLST.AFD, then strange things began to happen. 1) My HRTERRAIN was not being read from the USB thumb drive. I finally got that fixed, by using the Administrator Maintenance feature to "fix" the USB drive. 2) I tried the same function to "fix" the SD card, but it doesn't read OR write any files to the SDHC1 card anymore. 3) This is the same card used for the successful map update, and now it will not read or write any files to the SD.

Basically I can't update the CHKLST.AFD from the SD or even write any of the configuration files "to" the SD card. Is there a problem using Windows10 to format, name and write to the SD card? It's volume label is KF104YXFR, which according to my manual shouldn't matter - it just needs a label.

Suggestions?
    BobRS
    Albuquerque NM

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    First check that the lock is still intact and not damaged. You might try reformatting the card:
    http://advanced-flight-systems.com/Support/storage.html#newsd

After reloading the files if it still doesn't work on the EFIS you could either try a second card or its possible that the reader in the EFIS got damaged.
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com

Hi Shawn... having trouble downloading flight log data to my SD card from all three EFIS. They do have the most up to date software. This was a first attempt to use the SD card so wondering if there is a setting to "activate" this drive? Thanks,

Also... does the operating system recognize a difference between FAT32 and exFAT formatting?

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    It can't map exFAT file systems. You need to see the SD CARD READY alert before copying the files to the card. Most likely they are already on the USB drive.
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com

harryjon
    Huh. Just last week I stuck an old 16GB card into my wife's older Android (Samsung Galaxy S4 running Android 4.4); first I plugged it into my Mac and simply trashed what was on it, but that was all.

And it worked fine right away.

Is this a Priv thing, or an Android 5.1 thing? I've never heard of the SD Card Formatter before, despite having used many many SD cards in many types of computers and phones over the years. They come from the factory formatted, and they just work. Why is Priv different?

----------------------
    Learn how to Get Pregnant Fast :5 Actoionable ways to Boost Your Chances Of Conceiving Quickly.Complete Guide about Food,postions and Time for getting pregnant fast.