Thread: ForeFlight Upload

ForeFlight Upload

Last summer I talked With Rob about a problem up-loading a flight plan from Foreflight. My problem is that if a flight plan has more than 13 waypoints, my AF5600 will truncate all waypoints beyond the first 13. I asked at that time if the capacity could be increased to 20 or more, and I explained that the reason I needed so many is that I fly for Search and Rescue which requires we fly search grids. This results in generating a large number of way points based on Lat/Lon coordinates.
    In addition, I unsuccessfully tried to find a way to add the missing way points by Lat/Lon manually.
    I remember that he said that he would add my request to the feature list.
    Two questions:
    1) Is the increase from 13 to 20 waypoints on the future development feature list?
    2) Is there any way to enter a waypoint with only identifier and Lat/Lon information as a work around?

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    The software team is currently working on the flightplan feature so its possible this will be coming soon.

A current work around would be to resend the flight plan as you run through the list. When a list has more then 13 points the AF-5000 will use the next 13 after the "active" waypoint.
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com

Thanks Shawn I will give it a try. World class support!