Thread: Stratus 2 with AF-4500

Stratus 2 with AF-4500

Shawn,
    Do you have the "pinout" for the Stratus 2 USB 3.0 so I can try the ADS-B IN on my 4500s?
    Mark Summers

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    No the Stratus doesn't have RS-232 output. It also speaks a custom ADS-B datastream.

You will need GDL90 at 115K wired to serial 1 or 3 for a AF-4500.
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com

Shawn,
    Thanks for the quick reply. I thought you had previously mentioned the Stratus, Stratux and Echo as options for the 4500 because of the GDL90 format. I am prepared to try the Stratus if you think it won't damage things. The Stratus interface cable depicted is on order and 4500 software is updated to latest version. I have selected Port #3 on our second screen and assigned it to ADSB 115k.
    Thanks again,
    Mark

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    I got a response from Appareo and it looks like they it doesn't have RS-232 out capabilities. I did have Stratus in my list for 4500 but really that should be restricted to 5000's with Wi-Fi.

The Stratus Interface Kit is to only connect a Stratus ADS-B In receiver with the Stratus ESG transponder. It is not to be used with any other devices.
    Kind regards,
    Appareo Customer Support
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com

Shawn,
    I installed the FlightBox by Open Flight Solutions. Cost about $250 for just ADS-B In traffic. Works just like you said. Thanks for the help.
    Mark