Thread: connect to stratux via wifi

connect to stratux via wifi

Hello,

I'm looking for information on how to get my Stratux to communicate with my 5600 via wifi. I've got the stratux and the wifi dongle.

over on the VAF site, Rob worte:
    --------
    An AF-5000 will display weather and traffic using wifi from a Stratux.

Rob Hickman
    N402RH RV-10
    ---------

The question is: how?

The only wifi options I see on the 5600 is: "default state", "network SSID", and "WPA2 password"
    I can connect to the stratux from my phone to "STRATUX" (or 192.168.10.1), no password.

Thanks,
    Jeff

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    Updating your EFIS software will give you the option to change the Wi-Fi mode to Client Mode.
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com

i decided not to use the stratus because it is a wifi link to the 5500. i already use wifi for my garmin flight stream 210 wifi link to the ipad etc. can't use both at the same time. if there is a work around, i'd like to hear about it

The EFIS will not share data with the flight stream or Stratus but it can be connected to its Wi-Fi network. This allows the iPad to communicate with the EFIS.
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn McGinnis View Post
    Updating your EFIS software will give you the option to change the Wi-Fi mode to Client Mode.
    Success! Thanks Shawn.

Shawn, the efis will reboot every few minutes if i have both wifi running. why? yes i have latest software. running a 5400 and 5500. os1 and os5

System logs can show some valuable data in these issues.With an SD card installed press the following sequence
    SET -> LOGS -> SYSTEM
    Reply and attach the *.ALS file from the SD card.
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems

figured out the wifi issue. needed to set it to client. thanks

Could there be a feature enhancement to allow the Stratux data to be received in AP mode? That way we don't have to choose between uploading flight plans and receiving traffic information. All that is really needed is for the software to listen for the GDL90 data when in AP mode.

By default, the Stratux will send the GDL90 data on UDP port 4000 to any device in its ARP table, so all that is needed is for the AFS screen to send a broadcast ping or similar occasionally on the WIFI interface and receiving the data will then be automatic. Even without that, it is possible to manually configure the Stratux to transmit to one or more IP addresses. i.e. 192.168.10.1 - being the PFD.

For those of us who only have a single screen an ethernet cable between the PFD and the Stratux could also work.