Thread: Cheapest NAV/GPS source compatible with AFS5600

Cheapest NAV/GPS source compatible with AFS5600

Hi,
    I am only using the turtle GPS and INTFP for the moment. It appears to me that with the current Chart Database available from Jeppesen, I am still missing out on multiple GNSS fixes for flightplans.

What would be the most economical device, compatible with AFS5600 for me to being able to fully navigate under IFR. Is there an alternative to Garmin GNS430 ?

rgds
    Per
    Copenhagen
    Denmark

Quote Originally Posted by PAN-Denmark View Post
    Hi,
    I am only using the turtle GPS and INTFP for the moment. It appears to me that with the current Chart Database available from Jeppesen, I am still missing out on multiple GNSS fixes for flightplans.

What would be the most economical device, compatible with AFS5600 for me to being able to fully navigate under IFR. Is there an alternative to Garmin GNS430 ?

rgds
    Per
    Copenhagen
    Denmark
    My recommendation would be to drop Tricia (AFS) an email. I would bet she would make you a good offer on an Avidyne, which will integrate more seamlessly with the 5600 than any of the Garmin products. I don't know if it's more effective for you to buy one in the US or from a local distributor.
    Bob Leffler
    N410BL - RV10 - Flying
    http://mykitlog.com/rleffler