Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Type J or K CHT probes

  1. #1

    Type J or K CHT probes

    Dear All,

    I have searched the forums and found a few things, but just would like a definitive answer on the CHT probes I have.

    I have an AF3500 and 3400 in my RV7. I did the installation a long time ago. One of the CHT probes has been acting up
    and I think it is probably going bad. I'm guessing the probe is a "J" type but wanted to be sure before ordering a new one.

    Kind of a basic question, but I just want to be sure.

    Thanks in advance,

  2. #2
    If you order the CHT probe directly from Advanced you can be sure that you will receive the correct product.

  3. #3
    While I totally agree with your reply, I would still like to know which kind of probe the CHT is. When I built my airplane I was either too busy
    or not aware enough to know there was a difference in things like this. Sure it's a small thing, but again I would like to know for my
    own learning. Even though the plane is finished, the learning never ends.


  4. #4
    Completely understood. Advanced will inform you as to which type your cht is. Just call Shaun and ask.

  5. #5

    I did call, but it was on Friday midday. I was hoping the forum would get me the answer. I will call again tomorrow.

  6. #6
    Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Canby, OR
    CHT's are type J Ungrounded Thermocouples and EGT's are type K Ungrounded Thermocouples.

    Name:  CHT-EGT-forum.png
Views: 432
Size:  18.3 KB

    We have them in stock here if you need; call sales at 503-263-0037 x 2.
    Shawn McGinnis

    Advanced Flight Systems

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts