Thread: Type J or K CHT probes

Type J or K CHT probes

Dear All,

I have searched the forums and found a few things, but just would like a definitive answer on the CHT probes I have.

I have an AF3500 and 3400 in my RV7. I did the installation a long time ago. One of the CHT probes has been acting up
    and I think it is probably going bad. I'm guessing the probe is a "J" type but wanted to be sure before ordering a new one.

Kind of a basic question, but I just want to be sure.

Thanks in advance,
    John

John,
    If you order the CHT probe directly from Advanced you can be sure that you will receive the correct product.

Hi,
    While I totally agree with your reply, I would still like to know which kind of probe the CHT is. When I built my airplane I was either too busy
    or not aware enough to know there was a difference in things like this. Sure it's a small thing, but again I would like to know for my
    own learning. Even though the plane is finished, the learning never ends.

Thanks,
    John

Completely understood. Advanced will inform you as to which type your cht is. Just call Shaun and ask.

Hi,

I did call, but it was on Friday midday. I was hoping the forum would get me the answer. I will call again tomorrow.

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    CHT's are type J Ungrounded Thermocouples and EGT's are type K Ungrounded Thermocouples.

Name:  CHT-EGT-forum.png
Views: 1382
Size:  18.3 KB

We have them in stock here if you need; call sales at 503-263-0037 x 2.
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com