Thread: Older Sport AOA and new 5600T

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Largo, FL, Based at Clearwater Airpark KCLW

Question Older Sport AOA and new 5600T

I am getting ready to install a new 5600T in my RV-6A. I have an older AOA Sport (Wing mounted ports) feeding a light bar on my glare shield ---- is there anyway I can route the AOA signal to my new 5600T and eliminate the glare shield mounted light bar?

Thanks for the help

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Ronsim View Post
    I am getting ready to install a new 5600T in my RV-6A. I have an older AOA Sport (Wing mounted ports) feeding a light bar on my glare shield ---- is there anyway I can route the AOA signal to my new 5600T and eliminate the glare shield mounted light bar?

Thanks for the help

Ron
    I wouldn't think that would be an issue, that's how I'm configured with my 4500s. I just T'd the line and ran lines into each 4500, works just fine. I'm assuming that the 5600 would function similarly as long as the AOA key is installed.
    Bob Leffler
    N410BL - RV10 - Flying
    http://mykitlog.com/rleffler

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    EF or EE displays have port connections for the wing port tubing. If you are installing the SV-ADAHRS you will need to switch to the pitot AOA port.
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com

Largo, FL, Based at Clearwater Airpark KCLW
    Shawn, thanks for the reply --- help me understand ---I will be installing the ADAHRS -- would I have to install an AOA pitot, or do I just switch port tubing to something? And, if just switching, what wiring changes need to be made to send the AOA to the 5600T?

Sorry I am so dense!

Ron

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    The EFIS and standalone AOA will only have the tubes in common, no wiring will be shared. If you have wing ports that you need to use you could add EFIS AOA for $400 into making it an AF-5000 MFD-A. This lets you connect the blue and green tubing directly to the EFIS. Alternatively, for $400 it's usually better to install the $200 Dynon AOA Pitot or they also have a heated for $450.

Call us at 503-263-0037 x 1 for more clarification.
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com