Thread: GPS-250 and OAT - Advanced Deck 5600

GPS-250 and OAT - Advanced Deck 5600

Hi,
    I have installed my GPS-250 on the PFD, using RS-232#4 on the EFIS Expansion connector, but sharing Pin 6 on the main cable for power. Additionally I have installed my OAT on the MFD also using Pin 6 for power and 7+19 for signal and ground.

When the 2 displays are connected with Crossover cable, the OAT doesn't work, but when I don't have the cross-over cable in I get OAT on the MFD - as soon as I can see the connection is established the OAT goes "---" on both the MFD and PFD.

what to do ? is this a setting or cabling issue?

rgds
    Per A
    Copenhagen,Denmark
    RV6A - Panel upgrading.
    Last edited by PAN-Denmark; 10-10-2016 at 07:43 AM.

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    An OAT needs to be wired into any screen that have physical air line connections to Pitot and Static (EF or EE displays). These displays are then set as Air Module Config: HW:INT, NET:TXD. Display without air connections (MFD or EM displays) or if you didn't connect the air data for some reason should be set to receive the data or HW:OFF, NET:RXD.
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com

Both display units have Air Line connectors - both Pitot and Static. One is with EMS installed too (running as PFD). It's slightly older Advanced Deck 5600's (OS:1).
    The OAT is briefly shown on the MFD and transmitted to the PFD, but after 2-3 seconds after boot completes the OAT disappears on both units again.
    For Air Module Config - Both units are set to HW:INT, NET:TXD as both will be connected to the Pitot/Static sources.

If I set the PFD to HW: OFF, NET:RXD I get the OAT over to the PFD, but this is not desirable as I want both units to get and process Air Data.
    Last edited by PAN-Denmark; 10-10-2016 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Additional info on configuration

Does it make any difference which unit is PFD and MFD ? Should I connect the OAT to the PFD instead ?

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    Sounds like you have a EF and a EE for that purpose you will need two OAT sensors.
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com