Thread: Jeppesen - Europe Maps

Jeppesen - Europe Maps

Hi,
    I am in contact with Jeppesen to get European Map Data for my two 5600's. It seems as Jeppesen wants me to purchase 2 licenses for my devices - so I could have Map data on both devices although it's 1 system ? Am I the only one who thinks this sounds strange ?

Also, I am wondering if, besides basic map details also can get VAC (VFR) and even IFR Sectional and approach plates in Europe and from where ?

rgds
    Per Andersen
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    RV-6A - AFS EFIS upgrading.

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    It should be one per aircraft. The data is then loaded onto your SD or USB, then into each display.
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com

This is the reply I got from Jeppesen:

We have Advanced Flight Systems with Navdata VFR and Obstacles BUT this company doesn’t allow a reduced price for 2 units.
    It would cost for 2 units Europe annual subscription 295,00 € each.

I will follow your advice Shawn - Purchasing 1 license and then load to both USB's. Thanks.

There ist a cheaper way to get the Mapd Data: http://www.pocketfms.com/EFIS/
    Vans RV7a flying D-EMRV

I had PocketFMS briefly installed but download mechanism on my Mac is impossible (they admit it's totally outdated) and the data for Denmark was also incorrect - Half drawn danger and restricted areas - naming of VFR reporting points were wrong) and even worse Copenhagen Area (TMA's for EKCH and EKRK) was also incorrect on the chart I downloaded (the newest), and I could not even get RNAV reporting points in - so all in all a lot of things missing - agree that PocketFMS is cheaper than Jeppesen.