Thread: AFS 4500 Data Logging Error

AFS 4500 Data Logging Error

Hi.

I fly a dual AFS 4500 setup, latest software. I flew this morning 1.1 hours and downloaded my data file from my MFD EFIS. I selected 2 hours of data to be downloaded to my card. The data file downloaded and when I looked at it on the computer, there was only the first 10 minutes of today's flight with the remaining time being from yesterday's flight. So, it appears the system only recognized and stored the first 10 minutes of today's flight.

I repeated on the PFD EFIS thinking there was an error on the MFD EFIS. Same result.

Any experience with data logging issues such as this? Anything I should check? I am trying to balance my FI system so data log files are kinda important right now.

Thanks

Stephen,
    I have the same set up and download all my flight data to savvy engine analysis program. I suggest you try a new sd card that has been formatted and down load more than the last 2 hrs.
    I have had no problems after switching to a newly formatted sd card that i use just for data downloads.
    Alan

Have you checked to ensure that you have free space on your SD card?

I upload to SavvyAnalysis after ever flight and haven't encountered your error yet.
    Bob Leffler
    N410BL - RV10 - Flying
    http://mykitlog.com/rleffler

I have just experienced the same thing. I noticed that a flight seemed to have dropped off or not recorded. Then it seemed to only record only every 45 minutes or so despite the system set to 5 second reports. I rang Advanced and they explained that there had been some sort of problem with the program but latter softwear releases fixed it. We saved all the data recorded and erased the memory on the data log. I have not run the aircraft yet to test it but Advanced Flight are confidant that that will fix the problem.

Hi
    I took the aircraft for a fly today. The system only recorded 2 minutes and 50 seconds of a flight of 1 hour and 40 minutes. I there any thing else I can try?