Thread: Data sharing intermittent between screens

Data sharing intermittent between screens

I have an intermittent issue affecting the data sharing between my AFS screen and Engine monitor which has me a little puzzled.

I replaced the memory batteries recently on both units as I had originally lost the cross wind information on the EFIS and decided to also change out the battery on the Engine monitor figuring it wasn't far off needing replacement too. All was ok for some hours though now I have an intermittent data sharing drop out. IE the engine monitor when shared on the EFIS, although maybe working ok prior to starting drops out later in the flight. Additionally the EFIS data sharing back to the EM does the same. There doesn't appear to be a pattern. I have moved the data cable around though it does not change outcome. Then I can return to a flight in a day or so and it will all share ok again without touching anything else....later to drop out and so on.

Just wondering if you may be able to point me in the right direction to chase this down. Maybe the data cable is a place to start. Are these an off the shelf item from a computer retailer or is it a special cable I need to get from you. (I live in Australia)

Cheers,

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    First question I like to ask is if you performed the NVRAM reset? (Clock battery replacement instructions)

Any RJ45 Ethernet cable can be used we recommend CAT-5, CAT-5e, or CAT-6 cable to be used between the displays.
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com

NVRAM reset

Hi Shaun, yes I had carried out the NVRAM reset on both screens. I will obtain a replacement cable so that I can be sure it is not the culprit and see where that leads after that. Many thanks