Thread: A couple questions

A couple questions

While flying the weekend in extremely calm conditions, I noticed a few things I haven't seen before.

1. The flight director seemed to be in a constant flutter state. The ALT ribbon seem to flicker a bit too, but it didn't travel enough to cause an altitude reading change. Every once in awhile we could see the nose going slightly up and down. Is this an indication that I need to lower the ALT GAIN setting slightly? If so, what increments would you recommend lowering it by? I'm currently set to all the defaults (5 for ALT GAIN) in the manual for both the EFIS and AP.

2. I just received my Navworx ADS600-B back from a board update and firmware to 4.0.9. Several times I have a traffic object appear that had a yellow bordered square appear around a normal traffic data block. What does the yellow bordered square mean? The manual mentions diamonds and circles, but not squares.

thanks,

bob
    Bob Leffler
    N410BL - RV10 - Flying
    http://mykitlog.com/rleffler

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    1. Yes lower the value.

2. You are zoomed out too far to draw the traffic on the map. Zooming in will allow you to see the traffic.
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn McGinnis View Post
    2. You are zoomed out too far to draw the traffic on the map. Zooming in will allow you to see the traffic.
    I'm confused with your response. I see the traffic. I see the standard diamond, tail, and along with the appropriate n# tag. I believe I had the screen set to 16 miles. On several of the targets (not all), the traffic object was enclosed in a yellow bordered square. This was the first time I've seen this attribute and was wondering what it signified since it isn't mentioned in the manual.
    Bob Leffler
    N410BL - RV10 - Flying
    http://mykitlog.com/rleffler

If I'm not mistaken, the yellow appears around the box when the target signal has been lost for 10 seconds and the traffic display will disappear if the traffic is not seen after an additional (10?) seconds. In essence, it is a warning that the particular traffic display may not be accurate and may disappear.